1972 MASERATI MEXICO 4.2
- Mexico 4.2
- Engine Size
- Odometer (km)
- Body Style
- Body colour
- Interior colour
- White Leather
- Manual 5 Speed
- Black, Latina
Engine: AM 112 * 942 * - Matching number
Chassis: N. AM112 942
Power: 235 CV
Documents in order
Exemplary built : 305
One of the 305 built
Exceptional conditions for mechanics and bodywork.
Iconic color “Amaranto Roma”.
Matching numbers engine and chassis.
After the 5000GT and Quattroporte, the Mexico is Maserati's third road car equipped with a V8 racing engine, derived from the 450S Sport racing prototype.
Of the original Quattroporte, the Mexico shared the constructive idea in general, although it is said that the first prototype was actually derived from a damaged 5000GT, which was used by the designers of Casa Maserati for the modifications that then led to the final model.
The Mexico sported an elegant and refined bodywork designed by Vignale and unlike Maserati's other four-seater coupes, it did not carry the name of a racing circuit.
The name Mexico was chosen because the 5000GT that had been used as a prototype belonged to the president of Mexico Adolfo López Mateos, moreover it was a perfect and fitting coincidence that John Surtees closed the 1966 Formula 1 season with a victory at the Mexico Prize, at the wheel of a Maserati-powered Cooper T81, which helped to highlight the name of this elegant and high-performance coupé
Launched in 1966 at the Paris Motor Show, production of the Mexico offered two 4.7-liter and 4.2-liter V8 variants (derived from the Quattroporte)
The Mexico was the first production Maserati to be equipped with self-ventilated and power-assisted disc brakes on all four wheels.
One of the best remaining examples, of only 305 pieces built.
- The car is in perfect condition with total integrity of the structural parts, without having reported accidents of any kind.
- The car identification plates are positioned with the manufacturer's original stops and have never been removed.
- The paint is brilliant and in excellent condition in its iconic Amaranto Roma color.
- The white leather interior, recently restored by specialists of the brand, is in perfect condition, as are the side panels and the central bridge covered in leather.
- The engine has been completely restored and shows no traces of rust, nor oozing of liquids from the differential and gearbox.
- All mechanical parts are fully functional, guaranteeing the performance required of each single component.
- The electrical system has recently been overhauled and maintains its full efficiency and functionality.
- The tires are new and of the size prescribed by Maserati in the vehicle registration document.
- The exhaust system is original and in perfect condition.
It is possible to view the car online, booking a call with one of our commercial operators, via Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp and Google Meet platforms.