1939 Moto Guzzi 500 2 Tubi
The Moto Guzzi GTV 500 (also known as the “bitubo” or “double pipe”) marked a turning point for the manufacturer from Mandello del Lario, and in fact replaced the old single-cylinder engine with opposed valves. The new single-cylinder had a four-speed “V” gearbox and a valvetrain with revamped rods and rocker arms and overhead valves. The tubular duplex cradle frame has parallelogram type forks, replaced in more recent versions by a telescopic hydraulic fork. The rear suspension has two elastic clutches, later replaced by a dual side shocks swingarm. The engine has a power of 22 hp at 4,500 rpm and a top speed of 120 km/h.