1996 Jaguar XJS Coupé Celebration 4.0
- XJS Coupé Celebration 4.0
- Displacement (cc)
- Manufacturing Year
- Mileage (Km)
- Body Style
- External color
- Metallic Green
- Internal color
- White Leather
- Automatic 4 Speed
€ 39 800
Chassis nr. SAJJNAED4EJ225153
Engine 6 Cylinder
Power max/revs 229 KW (311 HP)
Drive Rear WheelDrive (RWD)
Gearbox Automatic 4 Speed
Top Speed 260 kph
Acceleration 0-100 kph in 6,9 seconds
Rare and gorgeous Celebration Edition
The XJ-S was unveiled on September 10, 1975, at the Frankfurt Motor Show and went into production the following year. It was a powerful and safe Granturismo, rather than a real sportcar, with performance in line with Jaguar tradition.
The version with manual transmission reached 100 km/h in 6.9 seconds and reached 245 km/h despite the not-so-"light" weight.
The entry of the XJ-S was quite lukewarm, compared to that of the E-Type in 1961, but the ancestor was revolutionary in line and price/performance ratio, while the XJ-S was decidedly more traditional as mechanically and stylistically less engaging.
The object of criticism in addition to exaggerated consumption was the design: sober, elegant but not so sporty. Especially the two huge rear "fins" of which there was no direct kinship with the sinuous E-Type. Inside, the absence of wooden inserts on the dashboard was criticized, replaced by the sportier, but less noble, brushed aluminum. Later, thanks to the complaints of Jaguar customers, the wood again took the place of aluminum on the car.
- Rare Celebration Edition
- The car needs to be registered
- Cars in excellent mechanical and body condition
- Engine subjected to periodic checks by its previous owners
- Instrumentation is original and fully functional
- Interiors are excellently preserved with original white leather seats
- The dashboard root is also in excellent condition, as are the door panels
- Radio Pioneer CD, phone
- Electrically adjustable front seats
- External moldings, emblems and writing in excellent condition
- Original alloy wheels with 80% tires
It is possible to view the car online, booking a call with one of our commercial operators, via Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp and Google Meet platforms.