The DOHC Benelli 500 4 TS was manufactured between 1936 and 1941. Like the 500, the 4TS also used side valves with overhead camshafts. The lines were larger and more imposing in order to house the new 493 cc engine. The 500 was immediately considered one of the most beautiful and technologically advanced bikes of the age. The engine is a four-stroke single-cylinder model, tilted forwards 12 degrees. The cylinder and head were made of cast iron and used a dual exhaust pipe and Marelli magneto ignition, while the cylinders had ten cooling fins.